We are excited to now be affiliated with INFQ. Click on the image to go to their website to find out more.
You can register your team online. Contact us for more information about the current season.
New Centre Rules. Please note, these are house rules that are decided by management.
New Rules for 2020
* All forfeits attract a forfeit fee. This new structure is final and will NOT be changed for any teams:
- Teams letting us know before the draw is done (At least one week notice) that their team is unavailable for any reason, there will be no forfeit fee.
- Teams that forfeit six-four days before the game will attract a half price fee of $40
- Teams that forfeit three to the day before the game will attract the full price fee of $80
- Teams that forfeit on the day of the game will attract a double fee of $160
* To help teams if they are players short, we have players available to fill in so as to not have a forfeit happen. Contact us when your team is needing players and we will endeavour do find fill ins for your team.
* Any player heard swearing on the court will be given a warning before being sent from the court for the remainder of the game if the language continues.
* Any violent or dangerous behaviour towards another player or an umpire will result in the player being sent from the court immediately.
* If a player has a concern or question for the umpire, this can be done in a number of ways:
- During the game ONLY the captain will be able to approach the umpire to question a call or for clarification of a rule
- Any player may ask a question to the umpire before or after the game but in a respectful manner
- Players must only approach umpires together, not just one umpire, unless there is only one on the court
* At Bundaberg Indoor Sports Centre, we understand that not all players can play in identical uniforms.
We do not enforce rules of identical uniforms but do ask that a similar 'team colour' be worn to help distinguish between team players. While playing Indoor Netball, bibs must be worn by all players and are available at the centre for hire or to be bought. See a staff member for these behind the canteen. As of 2018, skirts for ladies are no longer enforced. They are encouraged but not enforced.
* We play on most public holidays. Any that we are closed will be posted on the website, our Facebook page and verbally to players. Teams that forfeit on a day that falls on a Public Holiday will still acquire a forfeit fee.
* By joining our competition, please be aware that some teams may draw 9.00pm games as we have a lot of teams and the times need to be shared out equally. This may happen a couple of times per season. Please let staff know what times your team is unavailable for and we will endeavour to do our best but please note that not all requests can be met.
* Players from higher divisions can play in lower division teams if they are registered ONLY and this must be done by week 4. Players from lower grades can play up as fill ins and players from higher grades can play down in either WA or WD.
* Players can register on multiple teams but ONLY by week four. This will be monitored by staff and umpires.
*For finals, a minimum of five players must have played five games with their registered teams in order to make any final.
*We close over Christmas for 2 weeks.
The Basics of Indoor Netball
For those who have never played before, the basics of Indoor Netball are:
7 players on the court at a time
Teams may still take the court with a minimum of 5 players
Teams can have up to 10 players on their team per game
Each quarter lasts for 9 minutes
The aim is to get the ball from the centre to the Goal Attack or Goal Shooter to score a goal
There are rules that prevent players from contacting, stepping or obstructing. These are listed below in the rules.
Teams get extra "points" by getting ten goals.
Players are encouraged to wear a matching uniform with closed in shoes and nails trimmed or covered and piercing covered. Team bibs are to be worn and can be borrowed or bought from the Indoor Centre.
Matches last 45 minutes and are both umpired and scored by official staff.
Players play at their own risk - we recommend players obtain personal injury insurance
Remember that we are still taking nominations for Mixed Netball. You can hand your form into us or get one from the website or on site at the centre.